I really enjoyed going to watch Chingay 2014, it was a rare opportunity and it was the first time i've ever been to watch a Chingay performance. It was a wonderful eye-opening experience with the abundance of performances, one after another. It was a great show and i could tell that the performers put in a lot of hard work and perseverance, having to practice every week and come to every rehearsal before the actual show.
Hong Yang:
The Chingay parade was one not to be easily forgotten. The people had put on multiple colours each representing different countries present at the parade. I had greatly enjoyed the show put up as the lights were bright and the atmosphere was joyous. It seemed to deliver and equally compelling message as racial harmony day but more on a global status. We received goodie bags with a scarf in it, a propaganda of the Singaporean government which was etched in silk. To be able to be the face of the school for a night was not an easy job as we had to maintain our decorum and contradicting that at times we had to just lose our minds and shout out loud.
Emily:
The Chingay parade was enjoyable and unforgettable experience. It was a rare opportunity and an eye-opening experience and if we had another learning journey like this I would definitely go for it again. The performances in the show were exciting to watch and the costumes of the performers were really cool. The fireworks at the end were awesome and that did the finishing touch to an awesome night. Having a friend that is participating in the Chingay parade, the parade was wonderful thanks to many hours of rehearsal just to perfect things. It was a good experience to watch the Chingay parade and if given a chance I would do it again.
Gladys:
This is the first time I actually went to watch the Chingay parade and I really enjoyed the performances put up for us. There were so many people from different races and different costumes performing together which showed how united they are. I believe all of the performers put in a lot of hard work to be able to achieve such a great performance and I really admire their perseverance. Through this Chingay parade, it also showed our school spirit as many of us were cheering together for the performers with the Pom Pom. I really had a great time at this parade and hope to be able to attend it again next year.
Jing Yan:
I was a performer of Chingay 2014 and so i did not watch the entire performance. However, being a performer allowed me to gain experience throughout the whole parade. We were able to attend the Chingay as i was from Crestar school of dance and they needed dancers to join the parade. It was a tiring but enjoyable process. As we were in the Family Life contingent (we had crappy costumes), we did not have fancy dance moves as people of all ages were in our contingent and they were not fast learners compared to us youngsters. From the dance, we were taught about racial harmony and learnt to co-operate with different people as we had to work together to form the right movements and formations. It was truly an enriching experience and would love to do it again next year.
Kheng Lon:
On a Saturday evening, we had a chance to witness a Chingay performance. This was actually my first time watching a Chingay performance in real life so I was a little excited. We were awed by the brilliant display and performance relating to Chinese New Year. We cheered on and waved our golden Pom poms as the performance continues, celebrating as one. There were lights, laser shows, kites, sparks and even fire! All of us had a wonderful night and our throats were sore from cheering and celebrating together. After that day, I gained a deeper understanding towards the meaning and significance of the Chingay parade. I was happy to be given a chance to witness the Chingay performance and do hope that the school will continue to give us a chance to go again next year.



No comments:
Post a Comment