Monday, 9 June 2014

Gladys General Reflection✒️

 After going to Taiwan, I really learnt a lot. I learnt on how to compare the differences between Singapore and Taiwan and got to see if these differences were beneficial or disadvantageous to the country. I learnt how to be more appreciative of Singapore's education system instead of complaining about how stress the system is. I think I wouldn't be able to study well under Taiwan's education system as its more carefree and I wouldnt be so self disciplined to study on my own. I also learnt some of the Taiwanese beliefs like being environmental friendly and being polite to others. Taiwanese pay attention to being environmental friendly and they cultivate this habits in children since young. Like in schools, students are given lunch boxes made out of paper during lunch and they are taught to throw their leftovers in a bin and wash these paper lunch boxes to recycle them. I think Singapore should learn from the Taiwanese so that everyone helps in playing a part of being environmental friendly. Taiwanese shop assistants are really friendly and polite. Even if you didn't purchase anything from the store, they will still say thank you for taking time to browse through their store and I think that is something Singaporeans can learn from the Taiwanese. Taiwanese shop assistants let customers be satisfied with their service and want to return to purchase more goods from the store. This is one of the factor Singapore shop assistants can learn from the Taiwanese to help attract customers to their stores. I got the chance to go to many different kinds of museums to increase my knowledge and learn new things about Taiwan. I also got the chance to experience different things that I won't get to experience in Singapore like sitting in a bullet train or putting sky lanterns or learning about the aboriginal culture. After coming to Taiwan, I learnt how to adapt and change. Their language and currency is different from Singapore. Hence, I need to learn to speak in Chinese instead of English and learn how to use New Taiwan Money (NTD). This is also one of the biggest skill I learnt in Taiwan as I don't usually have a change of surrounding, thus there isn't a need for me to adapt and change. I also got to bond with my classmates and got to know some of them better after going to Taiwan. I gained a lot of new experiences that I will never be able to learn from classroom lessons and I hope I'm able to apply the values or skills I had learned from this trip in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment