Tuesday, 10 June 2014
Kheng Lon's general reflection
The 7 days and 6 nights trip to Taiwan had certainly been an eye opener for me. I got to experience many things I could not in Singapore. For example, while touring Shih-fen Old Street, we were able to write our wishes on enormous lanterns and then releasing them to the sky. It was a beautiful sight as the sky was filled with purple sky lanterns. However, in Singapore we were not allowed to release sky lanterns due to space constraints and the possibility that it might interfere with planes and aircrafts. I also managed to understand how the Taiwan education works after going to the school located in Hsinchu. Although the school rules and behavior of the students were different from our school, the school still seek to develop students holistically. Although the students may be more carefree and relaxed, we can all learn to show more enthusiasm especially during lessons. Their workload is similar to us, but most of them still put on a smile even during long lessons. I think we could all learn to be happy as them so that our learning could be more effective. Another thing I noticed in Taiwan is that receipts can be donated. These receipts can be used to win some money and the money is used to help the poor. I think this is a great idea as the receipts we receive after a purchase can be out into a good use. Most importantly, I got to bond with the class. We had gone through ups and downs together. We enjoyed our free time and got scolded together. I am sad to say this but we all know that we may not be in the same class together next year. This trip has brought us close together, creating amazing and everlasting memories that will live with us. To sum up, I learnt a lot about the Taiwan culture during the trip and learn to not take some things for granted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment